What we do
The West Pier Trust was created in 1978. It is a charity and a limited company which owns the pier and the rights that attach to it. It is non-profit making. Our aims are:
Celebrating the past
The West Pier Trust is committed through education and conservation to preserving and celebrating the history of the West Pier.
Our plans are to:
- Reinstate on the prom next to Brighton i360 one of the kiosks saved as a permanent memory of Britain’s most beautiful pier
- Hold exhibitions and events to celebrate the history of the West Pier
- Continue to develop our schools programme
Managing the present
The Trust is responsible for the remains of the pier and the administration of the site.
- Being the landlord for Brighton i360. This gives us an income and a partnership which provides a firm foundation and enables us to plan for the future
- Managing our responsibilities for the near-shore wreckage of the original pier
- Establishing a base for the Trust in a seafront arch to build our profile and promote our activities
Planning the future
The Trust is exploring the creation of a new contemporary West Pier for Brighton which complements and enhances the character of the city.
We will oversee:
- Proposals and ideas for a financially viable new structure
- Consultation with the people of Brighton on our plans for the future